As I can see in Beijing, all expatriates like to travel. When living in Beijing for awhile, you’ve seen the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. Have you ever wanted to get out of the big city and go on trips which are designed to encourage, support and renew your life. I know a friend who started JWA Trip here in Beijing and bring people on backpacking trips into Tian Shan mountain of Xinjiang. They will go to the few remaining unspoiled locations in Xinjiang and experience the beauty of wilderness.
One of trips they are doing is the adult backpacking trip, is a ten day backpacking trip that begins and ends in Urumqi, Xinjiang. Upon your arrival in Urumqi, your trip includes all transportation, lodging, food, and equipment for your ten day journey.
After transit through Urumqi, the capital city of Xinjiang’s Uyghur Autonomous Region, you will spend 8 days, 7 nights backpacking through the Tian Shan mountain range. In the Celestial Mountains; a seldom-traveled range that could easily be mistaken for the Swiss Alps, you will travel through untouched high mountain meadows, spruce-fir forests, waterfalls, rivers, and alpine lakes. As you experience one of China’s few remaining unspoiled locations you will practice a variety of wilderness skills such as navigation, back-country cooking, camp-site management, safe travel techniques, and leadership.
So if you wanted to go on trips for a refreshing and adventurous experience, The JWA ten days backpacking trip into Tian Shan mountain which will be a trip you would like, here is more information about their trips this summer
Thanks JWA for those beautiful pictures, here are a few more:
Lastly, here are a few more helpful information provided by JWA:
• Each participant will be carrying a backpack that weighs between 40 and 50 pounds, filled with personal gear, group gear, food and water.
• Hiking will take place between the elevations of 4500 and 12,000 feet. Because of this, we ask that each participant set personal exercise goals for themselves. Strength and speed are of little importance when backpacking, though building up your endurance will increase your level of enjoyment while on the trail. Running three miles, three to four times a week will best prepare you for your Journey Adventure.
• The weather in Xinjiang is wonderful in June, July, and August. Due to the varied elevation at which you will travel, you can expect to encounter temperatures as low as 40°F at night and as high as 90°F during the day. For most of your time in the mountains, the temperatures should be between 60°F and 85°F . Average rainfall is around 1 inch or less per month in Xinjiang. However, additional rainfall often results in mountainous environments. Wind can also be a factor in the mountains with average wind speeds around 11 mph.
• In the months of June, July, and August, there will be daylight from around 6:30am to 9:30pm.
• There will be a maximum of 12 participants in each group, in addition to the 2-3 guides.